E. Michael Garrett, Jr.
- General Liability
- Product Liability
- Auto Liability
- Insurance Defense
Mr. Garrett graduated with High Honors from Trenton State College in 1993 with a Bachelor of Arts degree in Political Science with a minor in Law and Justice. He then graduated With Honors in 1996 from the University Of Maryland School Of Law where he was a member of the Moot Court Board. From 1996 through 1997, Mr. Garrett was the law clerk for the Honorable Robert E. Hamer, Judge of the Superior Court of the State of New Jersey in Bergen County.
Mr. Garrett has extensive litigation experience in general, premises, product and auto liability defense, as well as major asbestos litigation. He also has considerable experience handling first-party property cases including conducting Examinations Under Oath, fraud investigation, appraisals and fact investigations. His practice also includes property and casualty insurance coverage work involving policy interpretation and coverage opinions. In addition, in 2008, Mr. Garrett was appointed as Public Defender for the Township of River Vale and in 2015, he became River Vale’s Municipal Prosecutor. Then, in 2019 and 2020, Mr. Garrett served as the Alternate Borough Prosecutor for the Borough of Westwood.
He is admitted to both the state and federal bars of New Jersey and is a member of the New Jersey State Bar Association, the New Jersey Defense Association and the Bergen County Bar Association.
Finally, we are pleased to advise that in 2021, Mr. Garrett was sworn in as Municipal Judge for the Township of River Vale.
- Honorable Robert E. Hamer, Judge of the Superior Court, Bergen County, New Jersey, Law Clerk, 1996 to 1997
- River Vale, New Jersey, Municipal Prosecutor, 2015 to 2020
- River Vale, New Jersey, Public Defender, 2008 to 2015
- Westwood, New Jersey, Alternate Borough Prosecutor, 2019 to 2020
- University of Maryland School of Law, Baltimore, Maryland
- J.D. with Honors - 1996
- Honors: Member, Moot Court Board
- College of New Jersey
- B.A. - 1993
- Honors: With High Honors
- Major: Political Science
- Minor: Law and Justice
- New Jersey
- U.S. District Court District of New Jersey
- New Jersey State Bar Association
- New Jersey Defense Association
- Bergen County Bar Association