E. Michael Garrett, Jr.
- General Liability
- Product Liability
- Auto Liability
- Insurance Defense
Mr. Garrett graduated with High Honors from Trenton State College in 1993 with a Bachelor of Arts degree in Political Science with a minor in Law and Justice. He then graduated With Honors in 1996 from the University Of Maryland School Of Law where he was a member of the Moot Court Board. From 1996 through 1997, Mr. Garrett was the law clerk for the Honorable Robert E. Hamer, Judge of the Superior Court of the State of New Jersey in Bergen County.
Mr. Garrett has extensive litigation experience in general, premises, product and auto liability defense, as well as major asbestos litigation. He also has considerable experience handling first-party property cases including conducting Examinations Under Oath, fraud investigation, appraisals and fact investigations. His practice also includes property and casualty insurance coverage work involving policy interpretation and coverage opinions. In April of 2015, Mr. Garrett was sworn in as the Municipal Prosecutor for the Township of River Vale, New Jersey after having served nearly 7 ½ years as the Public Defender.
He is admitted to both the state and federal bars of New Jersey and is a member of the New Jersey State Bar Association, the New Jersey Defense Association and the Bergen County Bar Association. In 2019, Mr. Garrett was appointed as the Alternate Borough Prosecutor for the Borough of Westwood.
- Honorable Robert E. Hamer, Judge of the Superior Court, Bergen County, New Jersey, Law Clerk, 1996 to 1997
- River Vale, New Jersey, Municipal Prosecutor, 2015 to 2015
- River Vale, New Jersey, Public Defender
- University of Maryland School of Law, Baltimore, Maryland
- J.D. with Honors - 1996
- Honors: Member, Moot Court Board
- College of New Jersey
- B.A. - 1993
- Honors: With High Honors
- Major: Political Science
- Minor: Law and Justice
- New Jersey
- U.S. District Court District of New Jersey
- New Jersey State Bar Association
- New Jersey Defense Association
- Bergen County Bar Association